There are 7 West Midlands MEPs
The European Parliament has 751 members directly elected by EU voters every 5 years by proportional representation and representing nearly 500 million citizens. It is the only directly elected body in the EU and shares budgetary and legislative authority with the Council of the European Union (Council of Ministers). The UK has 73 Members of the European Parliament (MEPs), elected by us in 2014, with the next election scheduled for 2019.
The UK is divided into 12 electoral regions, with each region having between 3 and 10 MEPs and each MEP in a region represents every person living there.
Our region for European elections is the West Midlands, and we are represented by 7 MEPs:
- Rupert Lowe - The Brexit Party
- Martin Daubney - The Brexit Party
- Neena Gill - Labour
- Phil Bennion - Liberal Democrats
- Andrew Kerr - The Brexit Party
- Ellie Chowns - Green Party
- Anthea McIntyre - Conservative